GTK Ubuntu Precise packaging success

Rune Kjær Svendsen runesvend at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 09:02:29 PDT 2012

I'm trying it out on a live CD now that I've created with the script I'm
attaching to this message.
For some reason it's not working. Here are the messages I'm getting running
the programs you've listed in the order you listed them:
http://pastebin.com/xtaKP8nz
weston says the following: http://pastebin.com/rH7nDwvk

All of the programs appear quickly only to crash right after.

I think I followed your instructions exactly. First I export the following
environment variable in one terminal, and run weston:
export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/tmp
weston

then in another I export the following:
export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/tmp
export GDK_BACKEND=wayland

and run whichever program I want.

This is in my .bashrc:
export LIBOVERLAY_SCROLLBAR=0

Not sure if it's related to the live CD somehow. It worked when I just
fired up a clean live CD, installed your GTK backend and ran the stuff from
there.