Weston doesn't work with gl enabled cairo on radeon

darxus at chaosreigns.com darxus at chaosreigns.com
Fri Aug 10 18:36:41 PDT 2012

Ran weston under X, with radeon drivers.  Weston ran, desktop shell
failed:

 failed to get cairo egl argb device
 failed to create display: No such file or directory
 libEGL debug: Display 0x82fce0 is destroyed with resources
 [20:52:15.385] libwayland: disconnect from client 0x1de6ff0
 [20:52:15.385] weston-desktop-shell died, respawning...

Complete output:
http://www.chaosreigns.com/wayland/tmp/weston.txt

I noticed that error message is wrapped in "#ifdef HAVE_CAIRO_EGL",
so I tried rebuilding cairo without --enable-gl, and it worked.

Is this a bug in weston or cairo?

and wrong." - H. L. Mencken
http://www.ChaosReigns.com