Q: xwayland overt Qt-compositor?

Jørgen Lind jorgen.lind at nokia.com
Wed Aug 22 22:45:56 PDT 2012

Hi

JørgenOn Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 07:17:13PM +0000, ext jegde jedge wrote:
> Thanks everybody.
> I ran into a few blocks trying to build qtwayland/src/plugins/platform/wayland

Thats not good :(

> I have to keep two separate libxkbcommon's around one for weston and
> one for qt5.
> weston will not compile against the sha:3fbc277... version qt says they require

Not anymore. We updated last friday to
c855d6eec4c5e63489da5bc08451a2376e6d2aea

> I don't know how to make 'qmake' on qtwayland git:
>
> qtwayland in the qt5 alpha tarball fails with:
> qwaylandbuffer.h:66: error: ‘wl_buffer_damage’ was not declared in this scope
> qwaylandbuffer.h:68: error: ‘wl_buffer_damage’ was not declared in this scope
> I cannot find wl_buffer_damage in the wayland source I tried both
> master and the qt required sha:c855d6eec...

Please use the sources from gitorious as we'r tracking HEAD as close as
possible git://gitorious.org/qt/qtwayland.git

If you want to send patches, then consider using the gerrit repo:
ssh://codereview.qt-project.org:29418/qt/qtwayland.git

But that requires that you have sigend up for a gerrit account at
qt-project.org.

Next time you have build problems, please contact me at the wayland
channel on freenode (jlind)

Jørgen