Ubuntu Quantal Wayland packages and GTK+ PPA

darxus at chaosreigns.com darxus at chaosreigns.com
Sat Aug 25 20:35:02 PDT 2012

Wayland / Weston 0.95 packages were recently added to the upcoming release
of Ubuntu, 12.10 Quantal:

I just created a GTK+ PPA that basically just adds --enable-wayland-backend:

I'd really like to see this get a Feature Freeze Exception and make it into
the official Quantal archives.  For that to happen I assume some people
other than me will need to test it, and post their results to the related
bug:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk+3.0/+bug/954352
So, please test.

I've tested it briefly.  Works so far.

"This hurts quite a bit. Very painful."
"Think of the sensation as reassurance that you are not dead yet. What
you are feeling is life in you!" - Johnny The Homicidal Maniac