concerns over wayland and need for wayland app display to X Server

David Jackson djackson452 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 12:17:29 PST 2012

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 3:06 PM, David Jackson <djackson452 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 3:03 PM, David Jackson <djackson452 at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> As reiterated earlier, there is already support for displaying on an X
>>> server within the Wayland compositor, and the reverse of having an X
>>> server display X applications within a Wayland session.

What i mean to say earlier that is, if an entire wayland session can be
displayed to an xserver over X protocol, including legacy X servers like
Xvnc and Xfree86, that would be sufficient, as long as the wayland session
only needs to be displayed to the X server, and does not need to be also
displayed to real hardware at the same time.

Individual wayland clients being able to be displayed was what I requested
originally, but being able to display an entire wayland session to X is
sufficient for me, although being able to display individual wayland
clients would be nice, being able to display wayland session to an X server
is enough and that is suitable for my needs.