Forsed disabled clienside window decoration

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 11:09:43 PDT 2012

I am also interested in methods to either tell the client to not draw
the "edges" or for the compositor to know the thickness of these so that
it can clip them off, so that attach-to-output-edge effects (maximize
height, snap-to-edge, maximize, and full-screen) can be done.

It looks like the window name has been provided as information to the
compositor. I would recommend a STRICT limiting to this. If you want to
control the appearance of titlebar buttons or anything about the
behavior, you MUST draw client-side decorations. Communicating this
information will quickly become vastly more complex than any client-side
decorations, as can be seen in the amount of overhead in ICCCM.