Mesa recently started depending on xcb v1.8.1

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 17:47:07 PDT 2012

On 07/21/2012 11:22 AM, Scott Moreau wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 11:37 AM, <darxus at chaosreigns.com
> <mailto:darxus at chaosreigns.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 07/21, Bill Spitzak wrote:
>      > On 07/21/2012 10:08 AM, darxus at chaosreigns.com
>     <mailto:darxus at chaosreigns.com> wrote:
>      > >If you're building on Ubuntu Oneric, that means you need to build 7
>      > >additional repos from source.  Precise has xcb 1.8.1.
>      >
>      > I'm still trying to use Natty (11.04). Is this hopeless? Looks like
>      > LLVM is out of date.
>

> Yes, I agree you should consider upgrading. 11.04 packages are roughly
> two years old. There are several reasons to upgrade, not only for
> security patches and using latest wayland. Perhaps this is the root
> cause of your problems. You might need a more up-to-date toolchain.

I'll try the update to Precise. My biggest worry is that the graphics
card in this machine will not work with it, though I think I can figure
out Unity 2D or XFCE or something.

Since it's an old pci slot, fixing the graphics card pretty much means
updating the entire machine, or replacing it. I am considering it.