Designing an input method system for Wayland

Michael Hasselmann michaelh at openismus.com
Sun Mar 4 17:53:03 PST 2012

Hi,

I wrote down an initial design proposal [P] that would allow integration
of input methods with Wayland. I worked on text input methods for the
Nokia N9, for the last two years, so that's where I am coming from.

I think we can basically break it down to two additional Wayland
protocols, and lots of prototyping. The proposal is quite long, so I
tried to summarize the important aspects in a blog post [B].

There are many open questions still, so if you want to provide feedback,
you can do that directly on the wiki, on this ML, or in the comment
section of the blog post.

regards,
Michael

[P] https://wiki.maliit.org/Wayland_Input_Method_System_Proposal