Build problems on Ubuntu Natty (11.04)

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 13:58:40 PDT 2012

On 03/13/2012 11:38 AM, Pekka Paalanen wrote:

> The patch looks just what I intended, sans compositor-drm.c (if
> you ever want to run it without X).

There is no EGL_DEPTH_SIZE in compositor-drm.c

> Does simple-egl run?

No. Running weston, sleep 2, then simple-egl produces the following
output (I turned all the debugging environment variables off):

nvfx_screen_get_param:103 -  Warning: unknown PIPE_CAP 57
Mesa 8.1-devel implementation error: Incomplete OpenGL ES 2.0 support.
Please report at bugs.freedesktop.org
xserver listening on display :1
couldn't open /home/spitzak/.config/weston-desktop-shell.ini
using socket /tmp/wayland-0
nvfx_screen_get_param:103 -  Warning: unknown PIPE_CAP 57
couldn't open /home/spitzak/.config/weston-desktop-shell.ini
spitzak at lulu:~/swdevl/wayland$ simple-egl: simple-egl.c:351: main:
Assertion `display.display' failed.

The display is still black with a tiny icon in the corner. Clicking the
icon produces:

failed to create display: Permission denied
failed to create display: Permission denied
child 8578 exited

> Hmm, it's probably Cairo that is still creating a Z-buffer. If
> you edit config.h in the weston checkout, and comment out
> HAVE_CAIRO_EGL, and rebuild, you should be able to get most
> of the demo clients working. This disables GL acceleration
> for them, but should have no effect on any work for window
> stacking protocol, for instance.

There was only "/* #undef HAVE_CAIRO_EGL */" (ie an undef commented out)
in config.h. I un-commented it, did make clean, make, sudo make install.
The result is the exact same error message as before.

>> [1391549.930]  ->  wl_input_device at 6.button(220434881, 272, 1)
>
> That is the Wayland protocol dump. It's most useful to enable it
> for one client (in one X terminal) at a time. If you plan on
> protocol work, understanding that dump will be essential. You
> can match the names to the protocol XML file contents.

Thanks. I turned off the environment variable in wayland-run.sh