Updated Ubuntu build script

darxus at chaosreigns.com darxus at chaosreigns.com
Tue Mar 13 22:42:53 PDT 2012

http://www.chaosreigns.com/wayland/buildscript/
http://www.chaosreigns.com/wayland/buildscript/wayland-build-ubuntu-oneric.sh

This builds and runs wayland / most of the demos, and its dependencies,
from git.  It should work on any linux distro, but if it's not ubuntu
oneric, it won't handle some of the dependencies by installing .deb
packages.  I fully expect it to work with ubuntu precise.

I've only tested it with nvidia/nouveau.  I'd be interested in hearing the
results of testing with other drivers.

Mesa build flags are: --enable-gles2 --disable-gallium-egl
--with-egl-platforms=wayland,x11,drm --enable-gbm --enable-shared-glapi
--with-gallium-drivers=r300,r600,swrast,nouveau

Which are the same as the build instructions except for the addition of
--with-gallium-drivers (only adding nouveau to the defaults).  This is
*very* similar to what I used for Ubuntu Maverick, only changes, I believe,
being due to syntax of mesa build args for gallium drivers.

The only other two significant differences from the build instructions
to my script are: 1) Using a .deb package instead of building cairo from
git, and 2) The build instructions tell you to build macros twice.

The current build instructions can't work with nouveau, right?

I'm happy to see the build instructions have been maintained well.
(Not sarcasm, just in case....)

The terminal is consistently crashing on me when I type:
http://www.chaosreigns.com/wayland/terminal_bt.txt

The gtk stuff in the script isn't updated yet, it won't work.  Cloning that
stuff takes forever, I need sleep.

Does anybody have any info on any non-demo type applications that are
working with wayland at this point?  I'd love to start working on a list of
what applications are and aren't working.

--
"But do you have any idea how many SuperBalls you could buy if you
actually applied yourself in the world? Probably eleven, but you should