Build problems on Ubuntu Natty (11.04)

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 10:19:42 PDT 2012

On 03/14/2012 12:56 AM, Pekka Paalanen wrote:

>> The display is still black with a tiny icon in the corner. Clicking the
>> icon produces:
>>
>> failed to create display: Permission denied
>> failed to create display: Permission denied
>> child 8578 exited
>
> Did you install weston as setuid? Are the socket file permissions
> preventing connections?

Turning *OFF* the setuid bit on weston seems to have helped!

Clients no longer exit with an error. For the terminal I think it
actually did something, as moving the mouse makes the terminal program
output wayland debugging messages, and the cursor changes to show the
edges of the window. However the display is black (except for the tiny
icon in the top-left corner that is always there).

I clicked on one of the invisible "edges" and both the terminal and
wayland crashed.