Updated Ubuntu build script

darxus at chaosreigns.com darxus at chaosreigns.com
Wed Mar 14 15:08:09 PDT 2012

On 03/14, Bill Spitzak wrote:
> Is there a reason you put all the git checkouts under ~/install
> rather than under the current directory like your previous versions?

Because it hadn't occurred to me that somebody might use it that way.  I've
been keeping my git repos and installed stuff in the same ~/install
directory, and recently was thinking about defining a separate directory to
keep the git repos in for ease of cleaning.  How would you feel about that?
Do you have a name preference?

On 03/14, Bill Spitzak wrote:
> My errors went away after I did a "git clean -x -f -d" in all the
> git directories, and deleted the entire old ~/install directory.
>
> The result is pretty much what I had before, weston runs but no
> clients run, they all say "failed to create display: Permission
> denied"

Cool, thanks.  No idea about your permissions problem.  Well, I'd run it
through strace to try to get a better idea of where the permission problem
is.

I know I came across permissions problems in the past.  There was a thing
where I had to grant myself permission to use DRI under ubuntu with:
"sudo usermod -a -G video username".  There was also some stuff with...
console devices or something, but I think that was only with DRM, outside
of X.

--
"Go forth, and be excellent to one another." - http://www.jhuger.com/fredski.php
http://www.ChaosReigns.com