Video: qtwebkit w/ youtube

darxus at chaosreigns.com darxus at chaosreigns.com
Thu Mar 22 20:37:58 PDT 2012

http://www.chaosreigns.com/wayland/demos/2012-03-22-weston-qtwebkit-youtube.ogv

For some reason, mplayer is mangling playback, but totem and firefox are
playing it fine.

This is wayland/weston 0.85, qtbase master, qtwayland 0.85, qtwebkit
master, and the masters of all the other qt5 submodules:
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Building_Qt_5_from_Git

I've had problems building with the commits I checked out today, these are
the commits I got yesterday that worked:
http://www.chaosreigns.com/wayland/qt5works.txt
I'm getting a build error in qtwebkit, but that commit hasn't changed.  And
I'm getting these errors in the commits that init-repository checked out
for me.

Build commands, after building wayland/weston 0.85, were approximately:

git clone git://gitorious.org/qt/qt5
cd qt5
unset QTDIR
export PATH="$PWD/qtbase/bin:$PWD/qtrepotools/bin:$PATH"
perl init-repository # 1:00:19elapsed (1 hour)
git submodule foreach --recursive 'git checkout master' # I have no faith in the detached heads
cd qtwayland
git checkout 0.85
cd ..
git submodule foreach --recursive 'git pull'
./configure -confirm-license -developer-build -opensource -nomake examples -nomake tests # 0:48.11elapsed
make # 37 minutes
make module-qtwayland # 0:14.01elapsed
make install # 2:18.32elapsed

So about 1 hour 40 minutes total.  I'll add this stuff to my build script
eventually, maybe when the commits checked out by default work :/

But hey, this is... about usable.

--
"I don't want to die... just yet... not while there's... women."
- J. Matthew Root, 8/23/02 (http://www.jmrart.com/)