Chromium based Aura under Wayland (0/3)

yan.wang at linux.intel.com yan.wang at linux.intel.com
Fri May 4 01:40:47 PDT 2012

Hi, All,
  I did some porting of Chromium browser based on Aura. Now it could run
on Weston and display web page by input URL. I attached some my screen
shot pictures for your reference.
  Known issues:
  1. In one screen shot picture, I played youtube video in the browser
successfully. But it is very un-stable. In fact, I only play this video
by clicking restore button of chrome browser from crash in the debug
version. In the release version, it couldn't work at all. No idea so far
and need more research about this. (Because attachment file size
limitation, I will send 3 mails for attaching pictures.)
  2. Setting button of chrome button could be pressed and display menu,
but couldn’t click menu item. It is strange.
  3. Mouse/Keyboard input is un-stable. Sometimes it couldn’t work,
keyboard especially. It seems be Aura focus management issue.
  4. Browser mousing resizing and maximizing (Wayland window/Aura shell in
fact) hasn't been supported. I need more debugging and studying.
  Thanks.

Yan Wang