Wayland on Embedded

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Tue May 8 03:24:13 PDT 2012

On Tue, 8 May 2012 15:34:58 +0530
Abhijit Potnis <abhijitpotnis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello ,
>
> I am trying to run Wayland on an ARM based board over X, just as we run
> Wayland/Weston on a x86 Linux Desktop Machine. I doubt if compiling Wayland
> and its dependencies for ARM platform and building Weston so as to run on
> X11 back-end would work. Or do I have to write a new back-end for Weston.
>
> How do I go about this ?

Hi,

there is very little point in running Wayland on top of X, unless you
are developing or simply curious. What is your aim?

If you can get a GL ES 2 context by EGL on X on your platform, then I
guess it could work. If your system does not use Mesa for 3D drivers,
then you won't get GL support for Wayland clients.

The only way to know is to try.