transient surfaces for xwayland and tooltip love (v2)

Tiago Vignatti tiago.vignatti at intel.com
Fri May 18 08:47:06 PDT 2012

I updated the patches now, rebased with the upstream tip and solved a bunch of
the issues for surface mapping, in a way that most type of windows are working
nicely. My main testing bed was Firefox, xterm, gtk3-demo and
gtk3-demo-application. Firefox looks very cool now and for instance all the
basic functionality seems to work as expected (menus grabbing, tooltips, kbd
typing, popup windows, etc)

I'm still relying on the method I've introduced for transient windows though,
the one that activates or not (i.e. give the kbd focus) when a window is
created. Alternatively we could always create the surfaces inactive, because
that's the only way I'm using it now. But I'm not sure if that would cover
most of the applications cases out there.

This work is here:
    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~vignatti/weston/log/?h=xserver
    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~vignatti/wayland/log/?h=xserver

with love,
           Tiago

Tiago Vignatti (1):
  protocol: use transient flags for activate or not surfaces

 TODO                 |    3 ---
 protocol/wayland.xml |   13 +++++++++++--

Tiago Vignatti (10):
  shell: use transient flags for activate or not new surfaces
  window: send transient flags over the wire
  window: add simple text tooltip handlers
  clients: desktop-shell: show tooltip for panel items
  xserver: don't activate window always when mapping
  xserver: remove unused code for the activate listener
  compositor: hook xserver transient windows with shell_interface
  xserver: treat tooltips differently from the others
  xserver: add support for popup windows
  xserver: send input focus only for top-level windows

 clients/window.h        |    8 ++++-
 src/compositor.h        |    3 ++
 src/shell.c             |   24 ++++++++++---

1.7.9.5