Updated Wayland Live CD with Wayland 1.0

nerdopolis bluescreen_avenger at verizon.net
Sun Oct 28 06:31:49 PDT 2012

Hi.

I have created new ISO files with Wayland 1.0 for testing for the impatient.

Currently though, the xwayland server, qtwayland, and libsdl still are not ported over to support Wayland 1.0, so these ISO are not really as usable as the older images from August. Also in order to get software rendering to work for the included weston clients, (so Weston works on virtualbox with the X11 back-end), I had to compile weston with --with-cairo-glesv2, which causes the sample screensaver and the weston gears demo to become unavailable.

So for now you can download the ISO from here
http://sourceforge.net/projects/rebeccablackos/files/WithWayland1.0/RebeccaBlackLinux.iso/download
which should be able to fit on a standard CD ISO

If you want the ISO with the development packages, and the headers still installed you can download this ISO
http://sourceforge.net/projects/rebeccablackos/files/WithWayland1.0/RebeccaBlackLinux_Development.iso/download
but it's larger then 700MB, and requires a DVD.

Both of the ISOs are 32 bit.