Setting the display calibration ramps using weston

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 08:40:35 PDT 2013

On 2 April 2013 02:42, Kristian Høgsberg <hoegsberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> So for something like weston, where we store our configuration in
> weston.ini, I'd expect that we add a config key to set the gamma (is
> this just a number like what xgamma takes? or one for red, green and
> blue?) per output in weston.ini.  So we need to parse that in
> output_section_done() and store in struct drm_configured_output, copy
> the value into struct drm_output in create_output_for_connector() and
> then apply that whenever we call drmModeSetCrtc(), generally.

I've attached a patch that works for me, I'd appreciate any comments
or a formal review. If you've got colord and lcms2 installed and you
uncomment the icc_profile item in weston.ini then the Bluish test
profile will be applied and LVDS will go a deep shade of blue. lcms2
is a totally sane dep IMO, it's used by tons of embedded and desktoppy
things already.

I'm totally up for abstracting this like John suggested, I just need
some more guidance on how you'd like me to do this. For instance, are
the plugins going to be installed by the CMF (e.g. colord installs
/usr//lib/weston/plugins/colord.so), ./configure compile arguments
(e.g. --enable-colord) or can I just link to D-Bus and make it a
runtime dep?

Richard