[patches] Add a color management framework to weston

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 12:47:44 PDT 2013

I've attached three patches for comments and review. I'm a GLib
programmer at heart, so please be kind if I've made huge obvious
architectural mistakes :)

Patch 1 adds the framework code, patch 2 adds the ability to load CMS
modules, and patch 3 adds a CMS module written for colord. With those
three patches it actually works, and you can change the applied
profile at runtime using gnome-color-manager or colord-kde. Note, this
patchset just aims to set the calibration state, but I have left the
lcms hProfile handle available for when we want to construct 3d
shaders for the sub-surface color correction. I've also used all the
new features in colord 0.1.32, but say if you need/want me to tone
this down to something Ubuntu/whatever is shipping.

I've left a wodge of documentation in src/cms.h explaining all the
terms and the general idea on how I think this should work. There are
a ton of FIXMEs in relation to getting the EDID data, so ideas welcome
there too. Feedback very welcome, thanks.

Richard.