1.1 Released

Kristian Høgsberg hoegsberg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 20:28:31 PDT 2013

Hello,

It's now a week ago that I tagged the 1.0.90 release candidate for
wayland and weston and not much happened in the interim.  Philipp sent
a couple of good weston fixes, which I've merged as well as the fix
from Hardening for extended RDP keycodes.  For wayland I commited a
docs dist fix, but that's all that's new there.  So I'm more or less
releasing the 1.0.90 RC as the 1.1 release.  We have a number of open
bugs in bugzilla but nothing new and nothing I'd consider a blocker
for the release.

I'll send out an update tomorrow with plans, ideas and schedule for
the 1.2 release, but for now I just want to get the 1.1 tarballs out
there.

Avilable from http://wayland.freedesktop.org/releases.html and tagger
in git.  SHA1 numbers for this release are:

  70cb0517d4a200b46572f868846e42162011ee87  wayland-1.1.0.tar.xz
  e5938320663b70842b0f10fe0fff39db06cad540  wayland 1.1.0 tag

  0929afa86d795e0e970936623d86bdd950d48e8d  weston-1.1.0.tar.xz
  c08bc364fc2334806f06f79d9dd3023c772940bb  weston 1.1.0 tag

Here's the list of new features in 1.1:

 • Raspberry Pi backend (Pekka)

 • Optimize damage handling when moving surfaces in and out of planes (Ander)

 • Scanout of transformed buffers (Ander)

 • Touch screen calibration feature and client (Rob Bradford)

 • pixman renderer (Vasily Khoruzhick)

 • SDK for out-of-tree module development

 • Use EXT_buffer_age in KMS backend (Ander)

 • fbdev backend (Philip Whitnall)

 • RDP backend (Hardening)

 • Headless backend (Ander)

 • libunwind support for better crash dumps (Kristian)

 • Proper support for popup surfaces (Giulio Camuffo)

 • Documentation improvement (Tiago Vignatti, Matthias Clasen, Peter Hutterer)

The 1.1.0 release adds 409 commits since 1.0.0 was released October
last year, including all bugfixes that went into the 1.0
branch.  Thanks to everybody who contributed:

  Ander Conselvan de Oliveira, Andre Heider, Armin K, Damien Lespiau,
  Daniel Stone, David Herrmann, Dima Ryazanov, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort,
  Giulio Camuffo, Hardening, Jan Arne Petersen, Jason Ekstrand, John
  Kåre Alsaker, Jonas Ådahl, Konno, Joe, Kristian Høgsberg, Marcin
  Slusarz, Martin Andersson, Martin Minarik, Martin Olsson, Matthias
  Clasen, MoD, Pekka Paalanen, Peter Hutterer, Peter Maatman, Philipp
  Brüschweiler, Philip Withnall, Quentin Glidic, Rafal Mielniczuk, Ran
  Benita, Rob Bradford, Rune K. Svendsen, Satyeshwar Singh, Scott
  Moreau, Siddharth Heroor, Sven Joachim, Tiago Vignatti, U. Artie
  Eoff, Vasily Khoruzhick, Ville Syrjälä

Kristian