weston never calls drmModeCrtcSetGamma() by default

Kristian Høgsberg hoegsberg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 15:41:20 PST 2013

On Mon, Dec 02, 2013 at 10:36:28AM +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 2 December 2013 03:24, Michel Dänzer <michel at daenzer.net> wrote:
> > No colour management is fine, but a 16bpp gamma ramp (let alone an 8bpp
> > palette) just doesn't look very good in 32bpp. :)
>
> If you can tell me how to adjust the color depth of the console I can
> probably rustle up a patch to just set a linear ramp at startup.

We just need to look at the format we're using the create the KMS FB.
If we're using GBM_FORMAT_XRGB8888, set an 32bpp bit linear ramp, if
we're using GBM_FORMAT_RGB565, set a 16 bpp ramp.  For
GBM_FORMAT_XRGB2101010... not sure... set a ramp with 1024 steps, I
suppose, the kernel ioctl takes a ramp size arg, so that should work.

Kristian