hoegsberg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 18:30:26 PST 2013
Here's the patch queue update. Since last time, we've removed a few
items from the list:
- I merged the fbdev backend,
- Pekkas "Inherit parent transform" series is going to be part of the
sub-surface work, and
- Tiagos is now fixing the xwayland deadlock by making dri2 auth
non-blocking. This replaces most of the xwm series, except for the
mechanism to move X windows to match their wayland surfaces
With that, here's what's on the list now:
* Probe-area (Robert Bradford)
- Looks good, what we've discussed in the past. Just need
documentation update to describe self-destruction of result object.
- Tweaks from Pekka?
* Per-output workspaces (Jonas Ådahl)
- Patches on list, discussed the core stacking implementation with
Jonas before, should be ok.
* xwayland test and non-blocking DRI2Auth implementation (Tiago Vignatti)
- Two issues left in v4: need to verify request size early and need
to append auth requests to list. Test case should use the device
name returned by DRI2Connect.
* Input Method Patches (Jan Arne Petersen)
- Pekka Vuorela had a look, says it looks OK, I'll take a look soon.
- New 5 patch series: clean ups, need to review.
* Subsurface (Pekka Paalanen)
- Still work-in-progress. There are a few corner cases around
commit behavior and clipping that we need to get consensus on.
Also, I think we need to allow recursive sub-surfaces.
* Language binding patches (Jason Ekstrand)
- v2 looks good. Not much happened since last time.
- New series is "custom dispatchers". Looks very clean, but some
extra argument copying going on now.
* surface_data and surface panel list (Scott Moreau)
- This one was in good shape at the last resend, but I think there
was a few more issues we still we discussion. I forget (sorry).
* resize from center (Scott Moreau)
- I think we got stuck discussion how to trigger resize-from-center.
I think we can just handle it in the compositor, by remembering
the initial center (pre-resize) and then center the window there
if shift is pressed during resize, and jump back to normal
resizing if shift is released.
- Scott said he got the idea working, but still some issues to work
* Gamma correct compositing patches (John Kåre Alsaker)
- Would like to break this into two or three series: first series to
do the dynamic shader creation using GLSL #ifdef and including a
generated "#define YUV_SHADER" snippet first to determine which
combination to compile. Then the indirect rendering series and
then the color correct compositing patches.
As always, if I'm missing your patches, let me know and I'll add them.
More information about the wayland-devel