Issues with running Xclient using xwayland.

Scott Moreau oreaus at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 22:27:55 PST 2013

Hi ashjas,

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 11:21 PM, ashjas <ashjas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to run a xclient like xterm on wayland terminal after
> launching weston as:
>
> ./weston --modules=xwayland.so,desktop-shell.so
>
> weston tries to fork Xorg but Xorg crashes..
>
> here is the weston log: http://pastebin.com/61J5Xkxd
>
> and here is the Xorg.log file :http://pastebin.com/4duR0s1J
>
> I know that there are some modules like nv,vesa etc that xorg reports to
> be not able to load. but i have no clue what to do about this..

Have you followed the xwayland build guide completely?
http://wayland.freedesktop.org/xserver.html You will need to build a
special xwayland DDX and make sure it's loaded by the X server.

> Secondly.. launching weston-launch without X like:
> ./weston-launch --modules=xwayland.so,desktop-shell.so
>
> i get this:
> ./weston-launch: unrecognized option
> '--modules=xwayland.so,desktop-shell.so'
>
> any help?

To pass args from weston-launch to weston, use weston [args...] [-- [weston
args..]]. You can see this in the output of weston-launch --help. Your
command would become './weston-launch --