Issues with running Xclient using xwayland.

ashjas ashjas at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 21:53:35 PST 2013

Hello,

I have a nvdia card and for that i have built xf86-video-nouveau DDX.
The only .so that this DDX installs is the nouveau_drv.so ...
------------------------------------
Making install in src
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/abc/wayland/xf86-video-nouveau/src'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/abc/wayland/xf86-video-nouveau/src'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
test -z "/home/abc/WAYLANDINSTALLDIR/lib/xorg/modules/drivers" ||
/bin/mkdir -p "/home/abc/WAYLANDINSTALLDIR/lib/xorg/modules/drivers"
 /bin/bash ../libtool   --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c
nouveau_drv.la'/home/abc/WAYLANDINSTALLDIR/lib/xorg/modules/drivers'
libtool: install: /usr/bin/install -c .libs/nouveau_drv.so
/home/abc/WAYLANDINSTALLDIR/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nouveau_drv.so
libtool: install: /usr/bin/install -c .libs/nouveau_drv.lai
/home/abc/WAYLANDINSTALLDIR/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nouveau_drv.la
libtool: finish:
PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/sbin"
ldconfig -n /home/abc/WAYLANDINSTALLDIR/lib/xorg/modules/drivers

and the nouveau_drv.so is being loaded while forking the Xorg as can be
seen in the Xorg.log file i attached in my previous mail
http://pastebin.com/4duR0s1J

there are some modules that are failing to load like the nv,vesa,fbdev etc
modues.. moreover i cant find these modules in xorg/modules/drivers/
directory..

are these modules that are failing really required? if yes.. how to build
them? as after following all the steps in the xwayland build guide. i dont
end up having these modules..

any clues?

Thanks.