[Brown Paper Bag Release] New Wayland Live CDs (with Wayland 1.2)

nerdopolis bluescreen_avenger at verizon.net
Sun Jul 14 15:28:49 PDT 2013

Hi.

It has come to my attention that there was a permission issue on /dev/dri/card* on the ISOs I released yesterday, preventing weston from starting as the user in cards that support kernel mode setting.

I now have the loginmanager grant users in the plugdev group access to the /dev/dri/card* device files. This isn't the most secure way, as all the standard users will have access to this device file.

The new ISOs can be found here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/rebeccablackos/files/July%2014th%202013/

The MD5 sum of the ISOs:
06c1e701a1de2d1e47a33c71e9921e32  RebeccaBlackLinux_i386.iso
644ae5d2f7769df72edfa15378be5e46  RebeccaBlackLinux_Reduced_i386.iso