The way to use system cursor and custom(client) cursor

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 12:34:17 PDT 2013

Pekka Paalanen wrote:

>> If a client does nothing after an enter event it will get the system
>> cursor.
>
> That would cause cursor flicker. Btw this is a suggestion, right?
> Because this is not what the current implementation does. In the
> current Wayland protocol, the cursor is undefined on enter, and in
> practice the cursor is what the previous client set it to, to avoid
> flicker.

Sorry, I meant when the cursor was moved to point at the desktop or
something else owned by the compositor. I expect the compositor will
change the cursor to it's favorite at that point, and both me and the gp
were calling this the "system cursor".

I think it is ok if it is part of the cursor library to supply this
cursor. Make sure it is obvious and/or well-documented so we don't end
up with lots of clients that disagree.