Clipboard and selection in wayland.

Yichao Yu yyc1992 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 20:47:31 PST 2013

Hi,

In X11 there are CLIPBOARD and PRIMARY selection each correspond to
the current clipboard and selected content and applications can
monitor the change of them using XFixes. In wayland, I have found
wl_data_device which I suppose should do the similar thing. The
question is, since there is only one wl_data_device::selection event,
is it possible to get current selected data as well as clipboard
content in wayland (or in another word is it possible to have X11's
handy middle button paste)? I also found the only weston client that
uses clipboard (weston-terminal) use it in a weird way, should this be
considered a bug and should the selection signal used in a similar way
as the XFixes signal in X to monitor clibpoard/selection changes?

Thanks.

Yichao Yu