GH-Next Feature Update

Scott Moreau oreaus at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 04:29:08 PDT 2013

Hi Daniels,

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 5:13 AM, Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> wrote:
> On 24 March 2013 10:27, Scott Moreau <oreaus at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> - Working xwayland titlebar buttons
>

> Did that patchset get submitted to the list for review? If not, will it be?

No. These patches breaks many of the core goals of wayland/weston with
DE-like features.

<krh> weston isn't going to be a full DE, starting a new DE is
specifically a non-goal of wayland
<krh> and I've always said that fleshing out wl_shell will have to
wait until we have at least one real DE to driver the work
<krh> otherwise it's all just going to be guesswork

So we're going to be doing a lot of guessing. As it turns out, the
best way to have a good idea is to have a lot of ideas. So we're going
to try and guess what some of the better ideas might be.

- Scott