[RFC] Object's pre-actions

Marek Ch mchqwerty at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 07:54:03 PST 2013

Hi,

in reaction to
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2013-November/012018.html
I have got an idea and I like to share it with you and possibly get a
feedback.

What I was thinking about is:
Add into wl_object another variable for listener (implementation) that
would be set
when proxy is created (or set to NULL when not needed). In this new
listener would be actions that should be done in display (client's display)
before actual dispatching the event. Example with the global deletion:

client recieves global_delete event and in dispatching phase there would
these steps:
preaction_global_delete(..)                       // this is new
{   mark proxy id as invalid  or whatever }   //   ..............
user_global_delete(..)                              // this is what is now
{  anything user wants ... }                       //    .............

So, basically, the result would be triggering an action defined by display
(but on client side) on particular event coming.

Is it any way useful (I can imagine it work for example for the global
deletion) or is it just silly idea?

Regards,
Marek Ch