Protocol documentation

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 11:38:53 PST 2013

That does seem a lot easier to read.

And (YEA!) the section "References" indicates the interface(s) used to
create an instance. For instance wl_pointer has under "References" (as
the only entry) "wl_seat.get_pointer". That really helps a lot!

Could the fact that the "reference" has "(new_id)" in it be used to
further put these into a different section called "constructors"?

Could objects without constructors (like wl_shm or wl_seat) could also
have a pointer to wl_registry.global event. I think anybody capable of
writing Wayland would be able to figure this out, but it may remove an
opaque step for beginners.