Simple EGL Clients on latest Weston w/ Raspberry Pi backend - 'wayland-egl' package not found?

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Fri Nov 29 08:03:05 PST 2013

On 29 November 2013 15:49, Nicholas Levin <nglevin at vivarium.gs> wrote:

> configure: error: Package requirements (wayland-client wayland-egl
> wayland-cursor) were not met:
>
> No package 'wayland-egl' found
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Hi!

IIRC, userland.git will install by default to /opt/vc, so that .pc
file will be in /opt/vc/lib/pkgconfig/. So you would need to add that
path to PKG_CONFIG_PATH.

Once it gets merged and distros start packaging it, I hope it to be
found in a more normal location, so no messing around with paths is
needed.

Good luck,

Tomeu