Welcome to Chromium's Ozone-Wayland

Tiago Vignatti tiago.vignatti at linux.intel.com
Wed Sep 18 06:24:07 PDT 2013

Ozone is a set of C++ classes in Chromium for abstracting different
window systems on Linux. It provides abstraction for the construction of
accelerated surfaces underlying Aura UI framework, input devices
assignment and event handling.

http://www.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/ozone

Today we are launching publicly Ozone-Wayland, which is the
implementation of Chromium's Ozone for supporting Wayland graphics
system. Different projects based on Chromium/Blink like the Chrome
browser, ChromeOS, among others can be enabled now using Wayland.

https://github.com/otcshare/ozone-wayland

In particular, we have Chrome Browser and Content Shell enabled and
running on Wayland. All the projects are under active development
(therefore unstable) but we are hoping to cope with fixes together with
the open source community.

We'll be posting updates in the following weeks detailing the solution
and our ideas. Enjoy!

Tiago