Wayland API Changed?

Leslie Zhai xiangzhai83 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 02:08:45 PDT 2014

Hi João and Wayland developers,

I am a newbie of Wayland, so I just wanna write a HelloWorld at first :)

I read the client demo source code just like
./weston/clients/simple-touch.c it shown a transparent frameless window,
and rendered multi-touch slots if you have a multi-touch screen.
But it is based on weston`s architecture, isn't? What I really need is a
pure wayland-client example, so I google with wayland hello world
example keyword.

Then I found your post
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2013-April/008706.html

And I simply compiled it and run under weston-lauch with
weston-terminal, it printed out shown as below:

Hello world!!!! Example Wayland client...
Connect ok

Listing globals:
./hello: symbol look error: ./hello: undefined symbol:
wl_proxy_marshal_constructor

Please someone show me the LATEST PURE Wayland hello world example to
me, thanks a lot!

Regards,
Leslie Zhai <xiang.zhai at i-soft.com.cn>