help: is there any way to use integer 64 type in protocol?

Jason Ekstrand jason at jlekstrand.net
Mon Apr 21 07:29:05 PDT 2014

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 8:36 PM, Wang, Quanxian <quanxian.wang at intel.com>wrote:

> [...]
As Thiago pointed out, we can't actually add that at this point (sorry, I
forgot about the 32-bit machine issue).  Also, if you're using a bitfield
and you think there's a reasonable chance of 32 bits being too small, then
there is probably also a reasonable chance of 64 bits being too small.  It
might be a good idea to consider other ways of representing it.  What
exactly are you representing in this bitfield?

Thanks,
--Jason Ekstrand