xserver git version?

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 22:20:30 PDT 2014

Okay that got a little further.

I had to delete my xwayland checkout and make a new git clone to get git
to forget about the xwayland branch (there probably is a git command to
make it pull from master but I could not find it).

After that I had to also check out and install fontsproto from git.

Config with --enable-xwayland is not working however:

checking whether to build XWin DDX... no
checking dependency style of $(CC)... none
checking for DMXMODULES... no
checking whether to build Xdmx DDX... no
checking for XWAYLANDMODULES... no
checking whether to build Xwayland DDX... yes
configure: error: Xwayland build explicitly requested, but required
modules not found.