Self introduction

Jason Ekstrand jason at jlekstrand.net
Fri Aug 29 17:46:03 PDT 2014

Welcome Matthieu,

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 8:40 AM, Matthieu Gautier <dev at mgautier.fr> wrote:

> Hello All,
>

> As usual, a small self introduction...

I don't know that it's really "usual" on this list, but meh.

> My name is Matthieu Gautier, French developer of 30 years old.
> I'm a developer for years now and I've worked on a lot of projects related
> to embedded and graphics (video game, scientific visualization and digital
> TV). My last job was to work on a embedded platform allowing user to have
> several applications running simultaneously on its TV on top of the live
> video (pretty relative to Wayland isn't it ? :) ).
>
> I'm also a long term user of Free software and I'm Fedora ambassador for
> almost as long as I'm developer.
>
> And my irc nickname is starmad.
>
> Well, my small introduction made, let's speak about Wayland:
>
> I'm really interested in the wayland project and now than I've more free
> time, I would like to stop looking at the project and start being involve
> in it.
>
> Where am I?
> I've made the minimal : read the doc, downloaded, compiled and run
> wayland/weston. Played a little with everything and dived in the source
> code.

Glad to hear you've got things up and running.

> Where can I go ?
> In a lot of directions.
>
> Where will I go ?
> Well.. Learn more about Wayland and Weston.
> To do so, I plan to search on bugzilla few easy fix (If you know some,
> don't hesitate), the best way to enter in a project. And probably ask you a
> lot of questions :)

Well, if you want to jump right in, the testing guys at Intel just sent out
an e-mail with a bunch of bugs.  Pick one and try to squash it!  If you're
feeling more adventurous, I've got a project or two that I wouldn't mind
someone picking up.  (I haven't had time lately for much weston hacking.)

--Jason Ekstrand