[RFC] libinput configuration interface

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 01:33:26 PST 2014

> On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 01:29:05AM +0600, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
>> Vertical two-finger scrolling works, but is way too sensitive both
>> with constant deceleration 1.0 and with 0.3.
>
> that's a xf86-input-libinput bug, Benjamin fixed that but I forgot to
> push. 761603d..bee8989 now, please re-test that.

The speed is now fixed indeed, but scrolling is now subject to the
same "dirty mouse" bug. See the "badscroll.rec" file in the attached
archive. It contains two scoll gestures - one down, and one up. The
driver has picked up only the beginning of the up-scroll (i.e. the
chromium window was not scrolled as far as I wanted, even though I
continued moving both fingers).

>> Tapping and tap-and-drag are not usable. They require not tapping,
>> but knocking with force. So this points to the driver being
>> "miscalibrated" on the pressure axis. Can this also be the reason of
>> the low x/y sensitivity and "dirty mouse" feeling?
>
> that's a bit odd. I'd like to see an evemu-record output from that then.
> Currently I ignore pressure completely, so any touch should be detected.

Actually the first tap after the server start is detected reliably.
The problem only affects other taps. See the file "tap-libinput.rec"
in the attached archive.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov