Authorized clients

Martin Peres martin.peres at free.fr
Wed Jan 8 11:27:40 PST 2014

Le 08/01/2014 20:20, Jasper St. Pierre a écrit :
> If the user installed an app that takes screenshots of the screen
> periodically and dumps them to a disk, I'd imagine that's
> functionality he wanted. Why would we prompt him?

What if it is installed by default? And just because I sometimes want to
do that, it doesn't mean I would like a malware to be able to call this
program without me knowing. Seriously, we aren't here to make another
security theater. Either we can make it secure or we don't. If it takes
more than a second to think if it is safe or not, then it is too damn
much complicated.

What I propose is simple and very efficient. Sure it isn't as open as
X11, but that's the point! Screenshots have a big security implication,
whether you like it or not.

Anyway, Daniel proposed something and I commented on it, you may
actually think this is sufficient. Can you check please? I would really
like if all of us could find a consensus :)