libinput polling

Stefanos A. stapostol at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 09:13:59 PDT 2014

> On Tuesday 15 July 2014 11:51:40 Stefanos A. wrote:
> >     while (!exit) {
> >         int ret = poll(&pfd, 1, -1);
> >         if (ret < 0) {
> >             // ret is always -1
> >             exit = ret;
> >         }
> >         else {
> >             // never gets here
> >             libinput_dispatch(input_context);
> >         }
> >     }
> >
> > If I remove 'poll' then I can retrieve input events without any trouble.
> >
> > Is what I am trying to do supported? If so, what could be the problem?
> Or,
> > if not, then is there a supported way to block on libinput events?
>
> What errno are you getting?

The original code is not written in C, so I mistakenly assumed I couldn't
access errno. I checked the documentation and it appears I was wrong - so I
added the necessary code to retrieve errno and... poll() no longer returns
an error.

It may be that I have changed something in the meantime that resolves the
issue, whatever that was, although I cannot find anything relevant in the
git log. Oh well, the libinput driver is working correctly now. If
something comes up, and I can conclusively verify its not my code, I'll
follow up in bugzilla.

Cheers!