Query regarding calibration

Sujith H hari.sujith at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 07:25:10 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I am using a freescale embedded device ( imx6 series) to run weston. I am
able to successfully run on desktop-shell as well as the ivi-shell. The
touch is also working fine. My query here is that the touch is not getting
calibrated precisely. When I launch an example from Qt5, say animatedtiles,
the touch points on the device does not work as expected. When I touch on
different icons they don't respond. And if touch on some other location on
the screen ( where the icons are not there) they do respond. I ran
weston-calibrator to added them to udev rules.
My udev rules file comprises of lines:

ATTRS{name}=="eGalax Touch Screen",ENV{WL_CALIBRATION}="1.022831 0.032131
-33.125458 0.027089 1.006087 -13.918884"

May I know how to tackle this problem, so that when I touch the icons of
the example(s) they respond properly. I had tried with weston-simple-touch,
it works like charm on the target. Let me know if I am missing any thing or
more inputs are needed to understand this problem.

Thanks and regards,

Sujith H