Is Wayland without X11 matured

Jasper St. Pierre jstpierre at mecheye.net
Wed Mar 19 06:18:36 PDT 2014

For very simple use cases, it's fairly mature. You can use it on embedded
systems quite well.

For complex desktops, it's not quite. There's a lot of protocols that are
traditionally in something like the ICCCM or EWMH that we have to reinvent
on Wayland.

We're working on them all the time, so it's maturing very quickly, but
there are still issues here and there.

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 6:52 AM, Sathish Kumar Balasubramaniam -ERS, HCL
Tech <b-sathishkumar at hcl.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>

> I would like to know, for 2D and 3D apps, using Wayland without X11 is
> matured and successful or still it needs to get matured ?
>

> Regards,
>
> B.Sathish Kumar
>

> ::DISCLAIMER::

> E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
> information could be intercepted, corrupted,
> lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in
> transmission. The e mail and its contents
> (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability
> on the originator or HCL or its affiliates.
> Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the
> author and may not necessarily reflect the
> views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction,
> dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
> distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior
> written consent of authorized representative of
> HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error
> please delete it and notify the sender immediately.
> Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses
> and other defects.

  Jasper