More build problems: dri2proto

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Tue May 6 19:36:59 PDT 2014

Okay, I am trying to build wayland again, from instructions, on a new
machine.

I am stuck trying to compile mesa:

./autogen.sh --prefix=$WLD --enable-gles2 --disable-gallium-egl
--with-egl-platforms=x11,wayland,drm --enable-gbm --enable-shared-glapi
       --with-gallium-drivers=r300,r600,swrast,nouveau
checking for DRI2PROTO... no
configure: error: Package requirements (dri2proto >= 2.6) were not met:

No package 'dri2proto' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables DRI2PROTO_CFLAGS
and DRI2PROTO_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

I have downloaded dri2proto from git and did configure + make install.
The pkgconfig file is there:

$ more $WLD/lib/pkgconfig/dri2proto.pc
prefix=/home/wspitzak/install
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: DRI2Proto
Version: 2.8
Cflags: -I${includedir}

Also very similar instructions made glproto work.

I tried setting DRI2PROTO_CFLAGS and it did not help any.

Anybody know what is going on?

This is very frustrating.