More build problems: dri2proto

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Wed May 7 11:08:02 PDT 2014

On 05/07/2014 03:04 AM, Pekka Paalanen wrote:

> Maybe you forgot to set some of the environment variables from here:
> http://wayland.freedesktop.org/building.html
>
> Don't play with the foofoo_CFLAGS and foofoo_LIBS variables, it is much
> better to fix pkg-config to find the right .pc files.

Thank you, yes I forgot to export the variables.

Not sure why I managed to get so far without them (for instance building
a local copy of glproto fixed things), but I guess most of the autoconf
scripts use the --prefix switch, but for some reason mesa only uses the
environment variables in this one case.

Any chance this is a bug, and which version is wrong? I can see reasons
that --prefix should only effect the "output" of compilation and not the
"input" so in fact mesa is the only one doing this right, and only for
dri2proto...