libepoxy configure problem

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Tue May 27 11:46:55 PDT 2014

On 05/24/2014 12:45 AM, Pekka Paalanen wrote:

> - No idea why you needed the CPPFLAGS for libepoxy, I certainly
>    didn't need it and it should not be needed. Not to mention that
>    variables set for configure should be arguments, not environment.
>    If there is a problem, it needs to be fixed libepoxy upstream,
>    since we are building it from git anyway.

I am having a difficult time tracking down the exact problem. However
libepoxy configure seems to depend on the installation of some other
thing that I did install later as part of building weston.

If autogen.sh is tried before these are installed, configure works, but
compilation fails with:

   CC     dispatch_common.lo
In file included from ../include/epoxy/egl.h:46:0,
                  from dispatch_common.h:48,
                  from dispatch_common.c:103:
../include/epoxy/egl_generated.h:10:29: fatal error: EGL/eglplatform.h:
No such file or directory

$PWD/include/EGL/eglplatform.h existed at this point, so the problem is
that the include path was not set correctly by configure.

If I install all the other things from git needed by weston and xserver,
running libepoxy's autogen.sh works and passes -I$PWD/include to the
compiler (confirmed by making sure make fails if I remove the
EGL/eglplatform.h file, so it is not that it disabled the #include).

I am pretty certain the obvious culprit (mesa) was already installed at
this point. My best guess is that it is the xserver itself that fixes
this, though it could be the xorg/proto packages, or libxtrans,
libxkbfile, xorg/util/macros, libxcb (as at the time I was not compling
that), or libxshmfence.

I can do more experiments or try to guess at the configue.am file if
that is not enough information.