How to hide mouse cursor with weston and ivi-shell?

Vikas Patil vikasmpatil at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 04:48:04 PST 2015

Dear All,

I would like to have the mouse pointer support available with weston
and ivi-shell (with ivi-controller.so) but want to hide the cursor
which is always visible.

Is there any easy way I can do this? Any ideas/suggestions?

** My weston.ini file for reference.Removing "cursor-theme" and
"cursor-size" doesn't help as it is used by hmi-controller adn I am
not using it.

[core]
shell=ivi-shell.so

[ivi-shell]
ivi-module=ivi-controller.so

cursor-theme=default
cursor-size=32

** I can hide if I disable the MOUSE capability via udev custom rule
but I don't want to remove the pointer support as it is required. Just
want to hide the pointer drawing.

If I remove "ENV{ID_INPUT_MOUSE}="1"" from following line cursor is no
longer visible.

SUBSYSTEM=="input", ENV{ID_INPUT}="1", ENV{ID_INPUT_TOUCHSCREEN}="1",
ENV{ID_INPUT_MOUSE}="1", ENV{ID_INPUT_KEYBOARD}="1"

Thanks & Regards,
Vikas