Touch event delayed or missing with weston 1.8.0 and qtwayland 5.4.2

Vikas Patil vikasmpatil at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 05:09:39 PST 2015

Hi Giulio,

Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to capture the wayland log from
weston and HMI as per your suggestion with good and bad scenarios. You
will see two times wayland log, I think this is due to I have
specified WAYLAND_DEBUG=1 for weston and hmi both.

Captured log for below five scenarios. 1st scenario is good and rest
is bad.. Attached here the logs for each scenario. If possible could
you point me out or suggest what might be going wrong?

Scenario 1: When the button is pressed, it is displayed as pressed,
when released, the view is updated without delay.
- This I think is good case and these call sequence should be there
each time and can be used as reference.
- Also looking at the timestamp it takes 110 ms from first touch_down
event to last callback_done notify. Which seems reasonable.

Scenario 2: When the button is pressed, it is displayed as pressed,
when released, the view is updated after some delay.
- Here all call sequence seems ok to me after referring touch id,
surface id and buffer id but can't make out any wrong calls.
- Also looking at the timestamp it takes 783 ms from first touch_down
event to last callback_done notify. Any idead what can cause this?

Scenario 3: When the button is pressed, it is not displayed as
pressed, observed delay in wayland log from weston and hmi
- Here no surface events, request observed and all touch events
immediately (down, frame and up). Any idea what can cause this?

Scenario 4: When the button is pressed, it is not displayed as
pressed, observed immediate all touch events log from weston and hmi
- here I think error is touch_down, touch_frame and touch_up comes
immediate without attach, damage, commit before touch_up.

Scenario 5: When the button is pressed, it is not displayed as
pressed, observed delay in wayland log from weston and hmi, second
touch to recover

@All, Waiting for comments/suggestions/inputs and thanking you all.

Thanks & Regards,
Vikas