[weston-ivi-shell]Qestion about caller of [bind_shell] and [shell_get_shell_surface ]

Yang Andy williamyang13 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 5 03:20:25 PST 2015

Hi everyone

I am testing QT/EFL application launch time from ICO-HomeScreen at tizenIVI platform,but the launch time is about 4 seconds.

I analyze the NG log,and find result as below:

(a) When QT application is laundch by AUL module,until the function [bind_shell] of weston-ivi-shell module is called,consumption time is 1 second.(Below step:2-->3)
(b) Until the function [shell_get_shell_surface ] of weston-ivi-shell module is called,consumption time is 1.5 second.(Below step:3-->4)

So i think the point is to find the caller of function [bind_shell] and [shell_get_shell_surface ].

I have two question for help,any answer is appreciate.

Qeustion1:Are 「bind_shell」 and 「shell_get_shell_surface」 called by QT−Wayland?
(I search source of QT−Wayland,but i did not find the right one)

Qestion2:Do contents/screen rendering sequence as below??

 A) QT−Wayland module create WL−Surface.
 B) QT−Wayland create contents on WL−Surface.
 C) QT−Wayland send request to IVI−Shell for creating IVI−Surface(At this timing,i think that bind_shell and shell_get_shell_surface is called??)
 D) IVI−Shell/IVI−Controller create IVI−Surface,and send request toICO−Home for creaing Windows.
 E) ICO−Home useIVI−Controller to request sreen composition.

Could anyone give me some advice?

<Software version>
tizen-3.0.m14.3-ivi_20141028.3

<Referecen Log>