[weston1.5]Question about HardKey input monitor with wayland/weston

Yang Andy williamyang13 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 5 03:48:00 PST 2015

Hi Pekka

Thank you very much for your reply.

> If you're interested in that, you can
>dig the wayland-devel mailing list archives, or if you can't find it,
>someone else probably can. This discussion was about any normal app
>that just wants to register for a global hotkey.
I have searched for the related topic,but i did not find it.

>In all cases, the main idea is to prevent random clients from
>eavesdropping input, while still letting the right client(s) get them.
>This is always some new protocol extension that is unrelated to
>wl_keyboard, wl_pointer, etc.Right now,my solution is to extend wl_keyboard protocol,because the work volume is little.

Software architecture is HMI-->QT/EFL(wayland/client)-->westion(wl_keyboard/extention key)--evdev.

But i have another question.

In my uses case,i will composite QT-applicaiton and EFL-applicaion into one image,both of them want to get hardkey input event but only one application can get the input event who get the foucs.

When QT /EFL application want to get hardkey input event,it have to get the windows focus.

How do i switch the focus/active for specific QT or EFL application by software design?

Could you give some advice?

Best regards,

Andy