wl_test / accessibility

Derek Foreman derekf at osg.samsung.com
Mon Jan 12 11:03:24 PST 2015

On 11/01/15 04:37 PM, Mike Gorse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was curious whether wl_test (from weston) is intended to eventually be
> moved into wayland. I'm asking because it contains functionality (such
> as being able to track and move the mouse pointer) that the Orca screen
> reader relies on[1], so I'm trying to decide whether it makes sense to
> use wl_test for this, or if we should do something else.

wl_test is for doing things clients shouldn't be allowed to do.  It
won't ever be generally available.

The link you provided says it well:
"All of these features violate the careful separation between clients
that Wayland maintains ..."

Why can't Orca be part of the compositor, where all the nasty things it
needs to do are easy?