Timelines for Wayland/Weston 1.7 and 1.6.1

Bryce Harrington bryce at osg.samsung.com
Thu Jan 22 14:32:32 PST 2015

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 03:43:28PM -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've volunteered to help handle the 1.7 and 1.6.1 releases, including
> alphas and pre-releases.  This email outlines the plan; for those who've
> been through a release before there should be no surprises here.
>

> == Stable Wayland/Weston 1.6.1 ==
>
> I'll be doing stable releases of wayland and weston as well.
>
>   - 1.6.1 around January 23rd.
>
> I'll be cherry-picking patches from 1.7.x - bug fixes, protocol doc
> changes, improved error handling, new test cases, and minor doxygen
> content updates.  No refactoring or changes that depend on refactoring,
> nothing that alters return codes or types, or in any way changes the
> API.  For weston, nothing that changes compositor.h.
>
> If anyone has anything specific they'd like to see included in the
> stable branch that has already landed on the master branch, please drop
> me an email and I'll try to make sure it gets cherry-picked.

I've pushed all the changes that will be included in these releases to
the 1.6 branches of wayland and weston for review.  I've run these by
pq for sanity checking.  If anyone else spots patches that should not be
included, or if you spot something I've missed that should be included,
please let me know ASAP.

Otherwise, I plan to release 1.6.1 tomorrow as scheduled.

Bryce